Sherman Hospital is a designated POD Hospital as identified in the State of Illinois Emergency Medical Disaster Plan. The disaster POD hospital is the lead hospital in a specific EMS region responsible for coordinating disaster medical response upon the activation of the State Emergency Medical Disaster Plan by the Public Health Emergency Operations Center.
As the Healthcare Leader in Kane and the surrounding counties and as an active member of our community, we have developed this page to help meet the following community goals.
- Raise the level of community awareness of potential natural or man-made emergencies and to be proactive in assisting individuals and families in the event of a disaster.
- Provide informational resources that may help dispel rumors and settle fears or concerns that may arise.
- Provide information that may be of assistance in the event of a natural or man-made emergency.
- Provide information and suggestions on how to assemble a disaster plan as has been suggested by the Homeland Security Office.
Sherman Health provides Community CPR and first aid training for groups and individuals. If you or an organization would like to schedule a class please contact our Information & Physician Referral Service at 800.397.9000 or register on-line.
Are You Ready For A Disaster?
Emergencies may be limited to local inconvenience or range to widespread devastation. If you are prepared in advance, the effects on you and your family will be reduced. Get ready today! Click on the link below to learn how to develop a family disaster plan.
- Ready.gov (from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security)
Listed below are links to several informative and helpful web sites. Each site provides information that is useful in preparing your personal emergency plan.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- American Red Cross
- Illinois Poison Center
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Germ Stopper
In event of emergency this site will be updated with the latest information. Please bookmark this page or save it to your favorites list.