Family and friends brighten your day and can help speed your recovery. During your hospitalization, our goal is to provide a healing environment and promote a positive experience for our patients and their visitors.
Visitors will be welcome anytime in most areas. Please ask your nurse about the special visiting hours for Intensive Care, Cardiac Care, Mother/Baby, Labor and Delivery, Special Care Nursery and Pediatrics Units.
In keeping with our patient centered philosophy, we value the importance of family members and friends in the healing process for our patients. We welcome an open visiting policy for family and friends. To assist our patients in getting the rest they need and to ensure the safety of our patients, please assist us with following our guidelines:
- Family, friends, and children accompanied by an adult are welcome.
- Accommodations are available for overnight visiting, depending on the condition of the patient.
- Visiting may be limited at the discretion of the health care team based on the patient's condition.
- Children under the age of 12 shall not be left unattended at any time while in the hospital and must be under the direct supervision of a responsible adult to assure a safe environment for the child and patient.
- Quiet time begins at 8:00 p.m. Please keep conversations quiet and TV volumes down. The primary concern of each caregiver is the condition of the patient. Please understand that patients need as much rest and quiet as possible. Thank you for your cooperation.
- For the safety of our patients, visitors who have a respiratory illness and/or fever are encouraged to not visit. If a visit is essential to the well-being of our patient, the visitor should ask for a mask and gown. Wear the mask to cover your mouth and nose, and wash your hands before and after touching the patient and the patient's environment (bedrail, phone, remote, etc.) to prevent the spread of infection.
- To prevent transmission of germs, children should never be allowed to sit or lie down on the floor or on patient beds. Additionally, children who have recently been ill with, or exposed to, a communicable disease (such as meningitis, strep throat, chicken pox, etc.) will be excluded from patient visitation.
- We understand some of our patients have special likes and dislikes regarding food. Food may be brought into the hospital for patient consumption with the consent and order from the patient's physician.
- Only the nurse or the physician is authorized to administer medication to the patient. Special circumstances will require a physician's order.
- We strive to provide all patients and visitors with a clean and pleasing environment. To allow our housekeeping personnel the ability to keep the patient's room as sanitary as possible, visitors may be asked to step out of the room during cleaning times. We realize this may be an inconvenience; however, we suggest that visitors tour the hospital grounds or visit Sherman Perk, located in our Gift Shop, or the Café during this time.
- To benefit all patients, visitors, and personnel, we request that all visitors conduct themselves in a polite and courteous manner. Any visitor who exhibits threatening behavior or uses abusive or profane language will be asked to leave the hospital.
Advocate Sherman Hospital Food and Nutrition is pleased to welcome visitors to the Café located in the lower lake level of the hospital. Café hours are Sunday through Saturday, 6:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Vending machines and microwaves are available near the Café.
Tree House Gift Shop
The Advocate Sherman Hospital Gift Shop is located in the main lobby adjacent to the tree of life. We offer an array of unique gift items, including flowers, balloons, jewelry, and much more. We also offer delivery services to patient rooms. Hours of operation vary; please call extension 8142 for hours.
Sherman Perk is a gourmet coffee bar located inside the Tree House Gift Shop that offers coffee, specialty espresso beverages, and smoothies in addition to a wonderful line of grab and go pastries, desserts, sandwiches, salads, and more. Hours of operation vary; please call extension 1097 for hours.
Walgreens is now open at Advocate Sherman Hospital!
Walgreens is located in the medical office building and offers personalized and convenient pharmacy care. Walgreens' knowledgeable pharmacy staff is ready to assist you with all your pharmacy needs. They stock a comprehensive range of medications and can help with side effect management. In addition, Walgreens can help with insurance coordination and accepts most types of major medical insurance, including Medicare and Medicaid. If you're currently not a Walgreens customer, they can transfer your prescriptions with just a phone call.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.,
©2009 Walgreen Co. All rights reserved.
Parking for patients and visitors is available in the west parking lot. Some additional parking areas are designated for specific clinics. Free parking is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may choose to valet park your car. This complimentary service is available during the hours of 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the main entrance to the hospital.