February is American Heart Month, and to help celebrate and raise awareness this year, we’re going all out with a diverse set of information and events:
1. Our Heart and Diabetes Fair is this Saturday at 9 a.m.
2. Having an $85 Healthy Heart CT Scan in February also gets you a free mini box of Frango chocolates.
3. Submitting your favorite heart-healthy recipe during February could also net you a mini box of Frangos.
4. Dr. Maciej Malinski cranked up his blogging production for the popular Ask the Cardiologist series on Sherman’s newly-redesigned Heart blog. Look for one post by Dr. Malinski each week in February.
5. Our Healthy Heart mobile is making its regularly scheduled stops, four times per month at various Sherman locations. Click here to learn more about the HHM.
That’s a strong Top 5 list, but this year we also wanted to talk to the people that make our Heart and Vascular Center go. Sherman Heart physicians, nurses, and technicians took time out of their days to stop by and talk about how they came to be at Sherman, memorable experiences they’ve had, and why they wanted to practice medicine.
Embedded below is Part 1 of our series, how they came to be a part of Sherman Hospital. Enjoy the video, and if you’d like to learn more about our Heart and Vascular Center, just visit our services page!