Our Father’s Day photo contest is up and running! Submit your favorite photo of Dad, and you’re eligible to win a piece of $500 worth of fantastic Elgin prizes. Click here for prize and contest details, and click here to submit your photo. But make sure you hurry; the submission period ends Friday, June 15 just before midnight.
Father’s Day is just two days away! If you’re still scrambling for plans, a little golf at Bowes Creek or a brunch at Elgin Public House are a couple of great Elgin options. First, let’s go over Bowes Creek and what makes it a different kind of public golf course.
Bowes Creek Country Club
All who tee off at Bowes Creek are Members for a Day. What this means is they play as many holes they’d like throughout the day, they have full access to the driving range and putting green, plus use of the golf carts and their state-of-the-art GPS systems. And it’s all available through a set daily rate. Click here to see the pricing structure.
Other notable facts and figures about the course:
- Firmly in the Top 10 of Golfweek’s top public courses in Illinois.
- Golf Academy helmed by two PGA-trained professionals.
- Porter’s Pub, an English-inspired restaurant, is attached to the clubhouse. Great food, drinks, and atmosphere.
If you’d like to give Bowes Creek a try, they offer online tee time booking. And for a limited time, the pro shop is offering one shirt for 20% off and a second for 30% off. You’ll have a full day of golf ahead of you, one that gives you huge bang for your buck.
Not a golfer? Then you may be a fan of the pub.
Elgin Public House
Elgin Public House hosts weekly Sunday brunches, but they’re doing something even more special for Father’s Day. For details on the celebration, visit elginpublichouse.com.
If you’ve never eaten at the pub before, you may be wondering, why eat at EPH?
- Aged steaks cut in-house, seafood caught less than 24 hours ago, burgers 100% certified angus beef.
- Always-changing specials menu.
- Over 80 beers and a diverse roster of liquor and wine.
- Highly rated on Yelp and Trip Advisor.
- Its pulled pork sandwich was crowned the champion of Downtown Elgin’s 2011 Downtown Madness menu item bracket competition.
Questions about either Bowes Creek or Elgin Public House? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get your question answered.