Volunteers Make A Difference Every Day
The Advocate Sherman Hospital Auxiliary offers a wide variety of ways to volunteer. If you are looking for new challenges or a way to serve the community, Advocate Sherman Hospital has many opportunities no matter what your skills and preferences are.
That commitment is made possible in part by the generous support of our community. Through volunteer hours and participation in hospital organizations, our community is committed to giving back to Advocate Sherman Hospital.
Our volunteers are important members of our healthcare team. It is through their efforts that we continue to give the personal care we are known for.
As an Advocate Sherman Hospital volunteer, you will make a difference in the lives of the people you help. Your dedication will be appreciated by patients, management and staff.
|Please review the materials listed below for more information.|
|Volunteer Information and Application|
Advocate Sherman Hospital Volunteer Process Friendly Reminders
NOTE: We take volunteers based on availability. Thanks for your patience and interest!
- Please fill out and return the Volunteer Application, Volunteer Agreement, Confidentiality Agreement and Background Check. Mail these back immediately to Advocate Sherman Hospital, Attn: Volunteer Services, 1425 N. Randall Road, Elgin, IL 60123. Please keep the Advocate Sherman Hospital Employee Health Services Pre-Placement Screening Form. You will need to bring this form with you in order to get your TB test and your Drug Screen. The number and address is listed on the form.
- You may call to schedule your Tb test and Drug Screen at anytime. Once you have your health testing completed, we will receive your results in the office. This may take a few weeks.
- After we receive clearance on your tests, we will be in touch with you as we have volunteer opportunities available.
- We then will set you up for Volunteer Orientation. This is usually held in the morning or evening monthly.
- After Orientation, we will set up a time for you to come and pick up a smock ($20.00 purchase) and get a badge. At this time, we will determine placement of volunteering.
- You will then report on your 1st day of volunteer service to either the Volunteer Office or your actual department depending if you are a weekday or weekend volunteer.
If you need additional information, please call 224.783.8133.